August 4-13, 2019
About Plainsmen’s Prep
To be eligible for Plainsmen’s Prep, you must score below the required math course placement for your anticipated major*
- Less than a 26 on the Math ACT or under a 620 on the Math SAT for majors requiring Calculus I (MATH 1610)
- Less than a 25 on the Math ACT or under a 600 on the Math SAT for majors requiring Calculus with Business Applications I (MATH 1680)
*Review the math course placement page, and especially the “core math requirement by college and by major” chart, to understand your ACT/SAT scoring and major requirement for mathematics.
- Provide students with more than 30 hours on precalculus concepts developed and taught by Auburn University mathematics faculty
- Deliver curriculum based on Auburn mathematics faculty experiences and observations of most needed information for success in a college-learning environment
- Engage students in small group active-review sessions based on curriculum led by current undergraduate students
- Facilitate programs on academic success topics (e.g., time management, study skills, goal setting, etc.)
- Offer math placement exam upon completion, giving students a chance to qualify for a higher mathematics course their first semester
- Offers an opportunity to increase initial placement from MATH 1000, 1100/1120, or 1130/1150 to a higher course level
- Supports timely graduation by offering you a path to start your first semester in the math course required for your major, bypassing prerequisite courses
- Helps you gain an understanding of good study techniques and skills
- Provides collaborative activities to enhance learning and improve your performance
- Connects you to other incoming first-year students
- Provides you with continued support from Auburn faculty, staff, and current undergraduate students
- Learn more by hearing from previous participants and by reviewing this infographic from the 2018 program.
What is Provided
- A pre-loaded dining card for on-campus food/beverage purchase
- T-Shirt, water bottle, canvas bag
- Program materials (binder, worksheets)
- On-campus residents are granted early move-in for housing assignment
For students eligible for Plainsmen’s Prep, the program costs $200 charged to the student’s eBill. In addition, on-campus students will pay a $90 fee to move into their residence hall early. The $90 charge does not apply to students living off campus.