About Study Smart
This class will focus on skills and attitudes required for academic success at Auburn University, accepting the reality of one’s academic situation, coming to terms with what one is going to have to do to enculturate into a college environment, and exploring other paths to success in life.
Students will meet once per week, over a 10-week* period, for 90-minute class sessions. Using the On course: Study skills plus edition (3rd edition) as a guide, Study Smart covers a variety of topics related to academic and personal achievement such as:
- Getting On Course to Your Success
- Accepting Personal Responsibility
- Discovering Self-Motivation
- Mastering Self-Management
- Employing Interdependence
- Gaining Self-Awareness
- Adopting Lifelong Learning
- Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Staying On Course to Your Success
Cost: Students must pay $150.00 (MONEY ORDER ONLY) for registration fees. Instructions for paying this fee will be given during the registration appointment. Additional materials are also required for the course such as the textbook and an organization system (binder, notebook, folder) to keep up with in-class notes and course documents. Instructions for purchasing these materials will be sent out to students once their registration has been processed.
Grading: Study Smart is a Pass/Fail course. Students must earn 80% of the total points available to pass. All course assignments must be completed for a student to be eligible to pass the course regardless of their grade in the course.
Study Smart is designed for students on suspension at Auburn University. Enrolled students and students who have previously taken Study Smart are not eligible.
Students who have been suspended for the second time at the end of the Spring semester must wait until the Fall semester to participate in the program.
Expelled students can take Study Smart ONLY if they meet the following criteria:
- Have senior status in earned hours (91 earned hours or more)
- 18 hours or fewer left to complete degree
- 1.85 or higher Auburn University institutional GPA
- Have written (email is fine) support from Dean or Associate Dean of college/school
*8-week program for Summer
Meet your Instructor
Allison Stewart, M.Ed.
Coordinator, Outreach & Special Programs