Who would benefit from taking the Study Smart course?
Study Smart is a class for students who seek to return to Auburn University following suspension with a new attitude, skillset, and capabilities to meet their academic goals.
- If students previously appealed their academic suspension and were referred to Study Smart by the Academic Appeals committee, students are fulfilling a condition of their appeal if they pass the course.
- If students have not submitted an appeal before, they will be granted a chance to appeal their suspension if they pass Study Smart.
Overall, completion of this course is taken into consideration as a part of the Academic Appeal process facilitated through the Office of the Registrar.
What can I expect from Study Smart?
Students who successfully complete Study Smart are prepared to reenter Auburn University with the skills, tools, and attitudes necessary to meet the high academic demands of a research institution.
What can I not expect from Study Smart?
Study Smart is not Academic Advising, Career Counseling, Student Counseling & Psychological Services, Tutoring, or Supplemental Instruction. These other services are linked throughout the website and we encourage students to take advantage of these services as warranted. Through dedication, perseverance, and committed work effort, a student may be able to achieve success via Study Smart.
What is the class structure of Study Smart?
How much time does Study Smart take?
The course will meet once or twice per week, over a 10-week period (7-week for summer), for 90-minute online class sessions. Taking the time to complete the required assignments and study for tests will be up to each individual student. The course is rigorous with regular chapter readings, projects, and writing assignments. All course assignments must be completed for a student to be eligible to pass the course regardless of their grade in the course.
How do I get the most out of Study Smart?
- Show up to all class sessions on time
- Bring a positive attitude with you
- Be open and honest with your instructor and your peers
- Participate in class discussion and take note during lectures
- Be proactive toward solving issues
- Complete any homework assignments
- Be willing to learn and implement new study strategies
- Work toward your academic goals
How much does Study Smart cost?
The fee for course registration is $150. Instructions for paying this fee will be given during the one-on-one appointment with the instructor before the program begins.